Saturday, June 7, 2014

Commentary from the Editor

Hello! I am Kelly Warman-Stallings, the Creator and Editor of the Who's ? Right blog, and normally I do not make commentaries on my web-blog, but I would like to express my grateful appreciation and share my humble thoughts with my followers.

My first article, "Death and Resurrection" (an unpublished article to date), was wrote April 6, 2012 and basically was my own thoughts "put on paper". From there, my interest was piqued and the research for this blog began! Albeit, my own thoughts and opinions were removed and book-shelved (until now).

Recently, I received an inquiry from one of the Who's ? Right blog followers who questioned:
 "i need to know who is right in todays world
My response:
"Your comment/question is the very reason I began the Who's ? Right Blog. While I cannot answer the question, for I believe no one in this world has all the correct answers, I strive to educate myself from all perspectives." 

I was sure I could not provide a suitable answer that would appease the curiosity of my follower (or me, for that matter), but it did inspire this editorial missive I now write. This week, I would like to share a few interesting perspectives from notable people who were asked similar questions during their own lifetimes...

Where Does Mankind Come From?
“When he, whoever of the gods it was, had thus arranged in order and resolved that chaotic mass, and reduced it, thus resolved, to cosmic parts, he first moulded the Earth into the form of a mighty ball so that it might be of like form on every side … And, that no region might be without its own forms of animate life, the stars and divine forms occupied the floor of heaven, the sea fell to the shining fishes for their home, Earth received the beasts, and the mobile air the birds … Then Man was born:… though all other animals are prone, and fix their gaze upon the earth, he gave to Man an uplifted face and bade him stand erect and turn his eyes to heaven.”
Ovid
The above excerpt was taken from Ovid's influential narrative poem, Metamorphoses. Considered the ancient poet's magnum opus, this poem not only chronicled the history of the world from its creation, but bespoke of Ovid's own "creation" beliefs in the origins of mankind.

             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“I am fully convinced that species are not immutable; but that those belonging to what are called the same genera are lineal descendants of some other and generally extinct species, in the same manner as the acknowledged varieties of any one species are the descendants of that species. Furthermore, I am convinced that natural selection has been the most important, but not the exclusive, means of modification.” 
Charles Darwin
The above quote comes from Charles Darwin - in his book, On the Origin of Species published in 1859. Darwin, the distinct naturalist and geologist who stood firmly behind his "evolution theory", is credited with creating the foundation of evolutionary biology

Do You Believe in God?
"Your question [about God] is the most difficult in the world. It is not a question I can answer simply with yes or no. I am not an Atheist. I do not know if I can define myself as a Pantheist. The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds. May I not reply with a parable? The human mind, no matter how highly trained, cannot grasp the universe. We are in the position of a little child, entering a huge library whose walls are covered to the ceiling with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written those books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books, a mysterious order, which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of the human mind, even the greatest and most cultured, toward God. We see a universe marvelously arranged, obeying certain laws, but we understand the laws only dimly. Our limited minds cannot grasp the mysterious force that sways the constellations.
Albert Einstein
The above quote was taken from an interview published in 1930 in G. S. Viereck's book, Glimpses of the Great. In response to a question about whether or not the reputable and distinquished scientist believed in God, this was the explanation that Albert Einstein gave. 



Is There Really Going To Be A Final Battle?
"For this time it will be God without disguise; something so overwhelming that it will strike either irresistible love or irresistible horror into every creature. It will be too late then to choose your side. There is no use saying you choose to lie down when it has become impossible to stand up. That will not be the time for choosing: it will be the time when we discover which side we really have chosen, whether we realised it before or not." 
C. S. Lewis

The above is an excerpt from The Case for Christianity by C. S. Lewis, who was a renowned 20th century novelist, literary critic and lay theologian. Lewis, who had become an atheist in 1913 at the young age of 15, converted to theism in 1929 and later to Christianity in 1931.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


While I do not claim to have all the answers, I continue to maintain a steadfast curiosity... which aides my research. There are so many subjects just waiting to be revealed in the Holy Books of the world, that I foresee this Blog will continue its trek through Cyberspace for a while longer.... :)

Thank you again for making the Who's ? Right blog a great success!
"So I say to you, Ask and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you."
~ The Prophet Jesus (Hallelujah)
*********************************************
"The ink of the scholar is more holy than the blood of the martyr."
~ The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
*********************************************  

"I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people."
~ The Prophet Moses (Amen) 

No comments: